A number of streets in Penarth will be temporarily closed tomorrow for the annual Good Friday silent procession through the town.
The procession will take place from 10:00 to 11:00 and will be routed as follows: –
- Arcot Street, Penarth, between its junctions with Plassey Street and Queens Road
- Plassey Street, Penarth, between its junctions with Arcot Street and Glebe Street
- Glebe Street, Penarth, between Plassey Street and Windsor Road
- Windsor Road, Penarth, between Glebe Street and Stanwell Road, including the gyratory of the roundabout where Windsor Road meets Stanwell Road
- Stanwell Road, Penarth, between Windsor Road and Woodlands Road
Penarth police officers will be on hand to direct and divert traffic as necessary. Although – strictly-speaking – all the roads are being legally closed at the same time for the full hour of the procession, the intention is that vehicles will be halted only for the minimum amount of time necessary for the procession to pass . Meanwhile pedestrians will be able to access all parts of the route at all times.
The annual Good Friday parade is organised in association with all the churches in Penarth