In a further shake-up on the Labour-controlled Vale of Glamorgan Council’s important Planning Committee, three committee seats representing wards in Penarth have recently changed hands.
The three Penarth members of the Vale Council who have temporarily or permanently relinquished their seats on the Vale planning committee are:-
- Cllr Janice Birch, (Labour Stanwell) – (understood to be a temporary arrangement).
- Cllr Mark Wilson (Labour Stanwell) – who has transferred to the Economy and Environmental Scrutiny Committee.
- Cllr Maureen Kelly-Owen (Conservative Plymouth Ward).
Both Cllr Birch and Cllr Kelly-Owen have been suffering from ill-health.
Cllr Kelly-Owen however did attend last month’s meeting of the planning committee specifically to speak on one of the Penarth planning applications on the agenda.
The councillors now representing Penarth on the Vale of Glamorgan planning committee are :-
- Cllr Rhiannon Birch (Labour Cornerswell),
- Cllr Lis Burnett (Labour St Augustines) ,
- Cllr Peter King (Labour Cornerswell),
- Cllr Gwyn Roberts (Labour St Augustines)
- Cllr Clive Williams (Conservative Plymouth Ward).
There is now no representative of Stanwell Ward on the Vale planning committee.