IMG_4316Penarth fire-fighters and utility engineers were called to Cornerswell Road this morning following reports of a possible gas-leak in a local shop.

Neighbours reported a strong chemical smell in the vicinity.  The  engineers confirmed there was no gas leak  – but meanwhile fire crews continued to check the rest of the premises.

Eventually the cause of the problem was found – a bottle of noxious-smelling weed killer had exploded in a nearby shed. Apart from that, and all was safe and well.

About NewsNet

Penarth Daily News email address Penarth Daily News is an independent free on-line fair and balanced news service published by NewsNet Ltd covering the town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK. All our news items are based on the information we receive or discover at the time of publication and are published on the basis that they are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief at that time. Comments posted on the site by commentators reflect their opinions and are not necessarily shared, endorsed or supported by Penarth Daily News.
This entry was posted in Penarth Daily News. Bookmark the permalink.