THREE FIRE-ENGINES CALLED TO MARINA APARTMENT-BLOCK BLAZE

 

Residents of the six-storey block in Penarth Marina  where the fire broke watched as crews searched every floor

Residents of the six-storey block in Penarth Marina where the fire broke tonight watched as crews searched every floor (Photo Richard Boudier)

Three appliances were brought in to tackle a fire on the ground floor of a six-storey apartment block in Penarth Marina tonight.

Automatic fire alarms were triggered in the apartment complex and all residents evacuated the building and waited outside .

Anxious residents who evacuated the building wait outside until receiving the "all-clear" to return to their apartments

Anxious residents who evacuated the building wait outside until receiving the “all-clear” to return to their apartments (Photo Richard Boudier)

Fire  crews, wearing breathing apparatus, searched every floor using thermal cameras to ensure everyone was accounted for. The fire is understood to have broken out in the kitchen of a ground floor flat.

The blaze was quickly extinguished.  An ambulance crew carried out precautionary checks on two casualties from the third floor of the block who are understood to have suffered from smoke inhalation.

 

About NewsNet

Penarth Daily News email address dmj@newsnet.uk . Penarth Daily News is an independent free on-line fair and balanced news service published by NewsNet Ltd covering the town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK. All our news items are based on the information we receive or discover at the time of publication and are published on the basis that they are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief at that time.
This entry was posted in Penarth Daily News. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to THREE FIRE-ENGINES CALLED TO MARINA APARTMENT-BLOCK BLAZE

  1. AK says:

    Glad to hear that everyone escaped safely – I always did wonder who some of these appartment blocks would fare in the the event of a real fire, relying on good construction techniques and fire doors that close properly.

    Last night’s fatal fire in France, and some recent dodgy buildng jobs in Penarth should remind everyone aware of the dangers of fire at home and in the workplace..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s