MAN DIES IN ILLEGAL SULLY HALLOWEEN HORROR RAVE

The warehouse where the 2,000 crowd held an illegal "rave" which has ended in a double death

The warehouse where the 2,000 crowd held an illegal “rave” which has ended in a death

A 45 year old man has died in a large illegal Halloween “rave” held at the weekend in a  vacant warehouse on the outskirts of Sully

A PDN eyewitness said the organisation of the rave itself had been slick and highly professional but the ravers themselves – who were still on the scene in large numbers yesterday morning – had been “as good as gold”.

A huge crowd in hundreds of vehicles arrived almost out of the blue at Hayes Road – just west of  the village of Sully –  after 23:00 on Saturday night.

The disused factory premises - daubed with graffitti - are off Hayes Road, Sully

The disused factory premises – daubed with graffitti – are off Hayes Road, Sully

The gates of the disused factory complex had been opened after the padlock was removed and a high-power professional sound system installed – the music from which could be  heard throughout area until 07:30 yesterday morning.

Police had been called to the scene but were so outnumbered they were powerless to disperse the huge crowd. Superintendent Martin Jones said today that South Wales Police officers “monitored” the situation throughout the early hours of Sunday with  fire and ambulance services.

It’s now been confirmed that a 45-year-old man died at the rave  The cause of death is not yet known but police say the death is “not suspicious”. An NHS ambulance was called to the scene but attempts to revive the man proved fruitless.

South Wales Police said the 45-year-old had – like most of the revellers – travelled from England to attend the rave.  Two people were arrested on Sunday morning on suspicion of drugs offences.

The parking ground of the premises is still strewn with broken bottles

The parking ground of the premises is still strewn with broken bottles

Vale of Glamorgan Council employees were called in this morning to begin a clean up of the roadside but broken glass from smashed bottles is still all over the factory area and parking ground.

There has been a huge crackdown on illegal raves in England – particularly in the London areas which has led to the organisers going to considerable lengths to find vacant premises in remote areas where they won’t be discovered . All the participants had been notified by messages on their mobile phones where and when the Sully rave was to be held.

Some of the litter left behind after the illegal Sully rave

Some of the litter left behind after the illegal Sully rave

Superintendent Jones says  “Illegal raves are a problem nationally, and those involved in organising them go to great lengths to prevent the authorities from finding out about them.”  South Wales is now going to work with “partner organisations”  to try to prevent this happening in future.

About NewsNet

Penarth Daily News email address dmj@newsnet.uk . Penarth Daily News is an independent free on-line fair and balanced news service published by NewsNet Ltd covering the town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK. All our news items are based on the information we receive or discover at the time of publication and are published on the basis that they are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief at that time.
This entry was posted in Penarth Daily News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to MAN DIES IN ILLEGAL SULLY HALLOWEEN HORROR RAVE

  1. Paul says:

    What was 45 yr old man doing at an illegal, unsupervised rave in a disused building.
    He didn’t go there to die, so why did he? The organizers must be very pleased with themselves putting on a rave under the noses of the police and authorities.
    The guy died for nothing and the organisers are responsible!

    An illegal rave, coming to an abandoned building nr you, very soon.
    There already setting up the next one….

  2. Jim says:

    He was having fun most probably. He chose to attend, basically – if you choose to attend a free party, you willingly do so and know full well you are responsible for you’re own actions. Holding organisers of these events responsible for people’s own choices is ludicrous on so many levels I don’t even know where to start drawing parallels! 2000 obviously regular party goers attending what amounts to quite a fair amount of parties if this article is to be believed, really you’d expect more deaths. My thought are with the poor guy’s family and friends and I hope that some day people will be able to have a party with reasonable cooperation from relevant authorities, in a way that will enable organisers to ensure some safety whilst allowing them the freedom to express what is obviously so needed in our society. If there was no need for it then why would thousands of people here and thousands more, in hundreds of other places attend these free parties!

  3. AK says:

    The cause of death is not yet known but police say the death is “not suspicious”.

  4. Paul says:

    The organisers create a demand, then they supply an meet that demand. Its called marketing and is very lucrative. Just like all parts of society, simples really…..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s