The Vale of Glamorgan Council appears to be struggling to find enough suitable people who are prepared to be appointed as governors of schools in Penarth.
The Vale Council’s Local Authority Governors Advisory Panel has been advertising governor-vacancies on the council website but not enough nominations have come forward – and panel members have reported that “a number of existing governors had not responded”.
Subject to the ratification by the Vale Council’s ruling ‘cabinet’ the Advisory Panel has made the following appointments in Penarth – and noted the schools where there are still vacancies
- ALBERT PRIMARY SCHOOL ; Here panel has only managed to fill 1 of the 2 existing vacancies on the Governing Body of Albert Primary School. That seat has been allocated to Mr H Southam – leaving a the second vacancy still to be filled.
- COGAN NURSERY SCHOOL: Here, Mr W. A Hennessy has been provisionally appointed subject to confirmation that he is prepared to take up the appointment
- COGAN PRIMARY SCHOOL : A Tilley has been appointed to fill 1 governor vacancy
- EVENLODE PRIMARY SCHOOL: C. Wilcock has been appointed to 1 seat on the governing body – but a further seat remains unfilled.
- ST CYRES COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL: H Griffiths has been appointed to the single vacancy on this governing body