WELSH LABOUR MINISTER CARL SARGEANT “REMOVED” FROM CABINET AND SUSPENDED

Former Welsh Labour Government Children’s Minister Carl Sargeant is under investigation- has been “removed” from the Labour cabinet and has been suspended from the Labour Party

A senior minister in the Welsh Labour Government –  Carl Sargeant (Labour AM for Alyn and Deeside) who is Secretary for Children and Communities – has been suspended tonight pending investigations into his behaviour.

Sargeant has been suspended from the Labour Party and from his £120,000 a year job .

In a  statement tonight the Welsh Labour Goverment says  “Following allegations, received in the last few days, about Carl Sargeant’s conduct, the First Minister [Carwyn Jones] has removed him from the cabinet and has asked Welsh Labour to launch a full investigation.”

Carl Sargeant himself said only “I met with the First Minister today and he informed me allegations had been made about my personal conduct, which was shocking and distressing to me. The details of the allegations have yet to be disclosed to me.”

Sargeant is demanding what he calls “an independent investigation” into the allegations.

It had clearly been hoped to bury this bit of bad news for Labour by announcing it as at the same time as a Welsh Labour Government cabinet re-shuffle

Lord Elis Thomas . The remark attributed to him was allegedly made when he was in a sedentary position

In that re-shuffle former Plaid Cymru leader Lord Dafydd Elis Thomas (AM Merioneth and Dwyfor) – who recently in the Assembly Chamber was allegedly heard to describe his former Plaid colleagues as “shits” – has been given the post of   Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport.

 

About NewsNet

Penarth Daily News email address dmj@newsnet.uk . Penarth Daily News is an independent free on-line fair and balanced news service published by NewsNet Ltd covering the town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK. All our news items are based on the information we receive or discover at the time of publication and are published on the basis that they are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief at that time. Comments posted on the site by commentators reflect their opinions and are not necessarily shared, endorsed or supported by Penarth Daily News.
This entry was posted in Penarth Daily News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WELSH LABOUR MINISTER CARL SARGEANT “REMOVED” FROM CABINET AND SUSPENDED

  1. Philip Rapier says:

    An inspired appointment of Culture Minister and I feel sure his Lordship will do a fine job.
    I expect may Plaid supporters to follow this example and re-join Labour Coop
    The story emerged in his interview for the North Wales Daily Post 23 Dec 16
    “Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas has said a deal was struck between Plaid Cymru and UKIP to elect Leanne Wood First Minister. Plaid’s former leader said the deal triggered him leaving the party.”
    Plaid share of the Vote fell to 0.1% in the subsequent 2017 Westminster Election.
    UKIP fell a massive 10.8% and lost a rather emotional third leader in 12 months.
    Does PDN have any archive pics of the tearful ” Iron Lady ” Margaret Thatcher leaving Downing Street for the last time?

  2. Mark Foster says:

    I have been wracking my brains to understand this bandwagon. I think this Carl Sargeant suspension is the unknowing Welsh contribution to the Harvey Weinstein, Dustin Hoffman, Bret Ratner, John Grissom, Kevin Spacey, Michael Fallon grand strategy to manipulate public opinion in the run up to the 2020 USA presidential election. The ultimate soft target is Donald Trump. The original CIA/MI6 (Christopher Steele) strategy to get him with the Russian conspiracy (even with the urination in the Moscow hotel) was simply too unsophisticated to succeed, and so now they’ve decided that the sacrifice of their own people is a price worth paying. Remember they started it all with Harvey Weinstein in the New York Times.

    Its reminiscent of the timely Jimmy Savile / Rolf Harris campaign by the BBC which was designed to deflect and manipulate public opinion in the wake of the Rochdale taxidrivers grooming of darling young British girls. The MI5 / BBC objective there was to preserve multiculturalism.

    • Mark Foster says:

      This has now transmogrified from Hollywood to Westminster, to the Tory’s Michael Fallon and Charlie Elphicke and to Labour’s Clive Lewis, Kelvin Hopkins and Carl Sergeant.

      Michael Fallon says “The culture has changed over the years. What might have been acceptable 15, 10 years ago is clearly not acceptable now.” Errrrr, it’s changed in the five weeks since the New York Times wrote the article on Harvey Weinstein.

      The CIA, MI6 and the BBC have been working overtime. They’ll let it fester for a while, then they’ll take it back across the Atlantic, and then they’ve got him.

      • Spongebob Squarehead says:

        Mark Foster you are a Truth Seeker of the highest order. You can see through the smoke screen, past the media manipulation and Westminster politricks. Well done Sir.

  3. Peter Church says:

    Why is the WAG appointing door staff?

    • AK says:

      The Cardiff Bay hot air centre has had security since day one, checking allcomers in to the glass house.

      Perhaps some of them have moved on to bigger and better things.

    • Guy Fawkes says:

      It seems only yesterday that he was selling the Big Issue on the streets of Cardiff. 🙂

      He is in an Antarctic style coat, while the lads behind are in T Shirts?
      Another Welsh Labour photo opportunity.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s