The latest statistics from the Vale of Glamorgan Council show that as many as 19.6% ( 1 person in every 5) registered to vote in the Vale of Glamorgan now casts their vote by postal ballot.
The latest figures show that:-
- The adult population of the Vale of Glamorgan is currently 103,403
- Of these, the number who are registered to vote are 96,412
- Those who actually turned up at one of the 109 a polling station to vote were 77,321
- Those who appointed a proxy to vote on their behalf numbered 123
- Those who opted to (or who were persuaded to) vote by post numbered 18,968 (19.67 %). This is a huge increase from the 14.3% who voted by post in local elections in the Vale in 2012.
Almost half of those who are registered to vote (49,609) now withhold their names from being published in the Open Electoral Register for their constituency. (The data in the Open Electoral Register can be bought anyone).
The data in the official Full Electoral Register is available to
- Political parties,
- Political Candidates
- Election officials
- Local councils
- The Electorial Commission
- The police
- Credit reference agencies