EX-CONTRACTOR ‘DOES NOT WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED’ WITH ‘HIGHLANDS’ DEVELOPMENT

The Highlands as it was before being demolished in the dark on Tuesday evening last week

The former principal contractor for the controversial re-development of the Highlands mansion site – overlooking Cogan at the ‘gateway to Penarth’ – has issued a statement saying that the firm does “not wish to be associated with this development in any way”.

The firm, JRS Homes Creigiau Ltd, had originally been appointed principal contractors on the project – which involves demolishing the classic art-and-crafts Highlands mansion and building 8 new detached homes along with a  terrace of 3  “affordable” homes on the site .

However JRS Homes has now issued a statement saying that it is no longer connected with the site – or with the redevelopment project  – following a decision by the owners, Highlands Penarth Ltd, to appoint an alternative contractor.

The stained-glass art-deco front door of the Highlands was the only part of the building left standing after demolition on  Tuesday night last week

It appears that JRS parted company with the project some time before the unexpected and sudden demolition of the Highlands mansion – which local residents said was carried out at 19:00 on Tuesday October 30th.

A statement from the Creigiau company says “JRS Homes Creigiau Ltd  do not wish to be associated with this development in any way, nor do we have any responsibility for any on-site works.”  JRS says that the former owner of Highlands –  Mr Simon Berni – had sold the land with planning permission to Mr Lewis Edmunds of Highlands Penarth Ltd.

The new principal contractors on the project –  Delta Construction of Penarth –  have not yet commenced their contract for operations on the Highlands site .

About NewsNet

Penarth Daily News email address dmj@newsnet.uk . Penarth Daily News is an independent free on-line fair and balanced news service published by NewsNet Ltd covering the town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK. All our news items are based on the information we receive or discover at the time of publication and are published on the basis that they are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief at that time. Comments posted on the site by commentators reflect their opinions and are not necessarily shared, endorsed or supported by Penarth Daily News.
This entry was posted in Penarth Daily News. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to EX-CONTRACTOR ‘DOES NOT WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED’ WITH ‘HIGHLANDS’ DEVELOPMENT

  1. Lesley says:

    Sounds like a very bitter statement to me

  2. Frank Evans says:

    Where there is money there is disagreement and arguments.

  3. cw james says:

    Ay least the new houses will be well built with Delta building then

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.